Wednesday, March 13, 2013

3/14

Today in class I took a completely different approach when doing my research. Usually I stick with Galileo and Academic resources. Today when doing my research I went to a database called Alt health Watch. Using this helped me out a lot. Because my topic is a more medical issue searching things in the Alt Health Watch brought things more on the health point of view.  Usually when I search for information I use danger or issues on plastic surgery but today I tried problems and plastic surgery and I got a lot of different responses. I did find new material all of the other information that I found only talked about the danger of putting foreign objects in your body but this one talks about the danger of move fat from one part of your body to the other.    

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your presentation as i have a connection to this as one of my friends who is a female got plastic surgery done. She obtained a doctor in south america who did operation at 1/4 of the cost as an american doctor and she had her breasts redone as well as her nose redone. She paid thousands less but the risk of the surgery in underdeveloped countries is higher.

    You had a great topic that can be applied to many things in society today. You had good sources that probably came from medical or science sources. What would be interesting is seeing the legal issues of plastic surgery...

    Great Job...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Matthew, your presentation was pretty good. It was an interesting topic and it really caught my attention. I can agree that many people who consider plastic surgery, don't look at the possible negative effects/ dangers it can create. Similar to Matthew, I know someone (distant cousin) that has had recent plastic surgery on her nose. Unfortunately, the results were not the ones she anticipated.

    This topic is also great because it has an open audience and is not just targeted to one specific group. The only thing that I would suggest is that you find statistics that will help strengthen your argument.

    SN: Thanks for the tip with how much it cost Apple to make an iPhone. I will definitely include this in my research.

    ReplyDelete